Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 77: Slowly, but Surely

My new kicks! Keen is quickly becoming my new favorite brand.

After enjoying my favorite salad in the world with one of my favorite people in the world, I headed out for a walk tonight. Last night, I strolled from my house to my parents' house and back. I'm sure that amounted to all of a quarter mile. But it was a start. My foot hurt the entire way. If I wasn't so determined, I would have called my dad from the end of my street and begged him to pick me up. But I did not give in.

Tonight I walked a full mile, actually a little over a mile. It hurt, again. Still. But I'm learning to deal with it better, I think. Feeling the wind in my hair and enjoying a summer evening outside and in solitude was so refreshing to my soul.

Tomorrow makes a week since I've been cast-free. I really thought my pain would be gone and that I'd be walking normally. Guess I thought wrong. I've spent the last couple of days fighting frustration due to my pain and struggling to communicate with God in the midst of my agitation. Thankfully, He's so gracious and relentless in His pursuit of me. He gently reminded me that He's healed me and gotten me this far, He will continue to carry me...even to Jamaica, through Jamaica, and even after Jamaica. Talk about faithful! Not only is He able, but He is even using me in the process. This isn't just a pointless, trivial occurrence; it's refining and edifying. And, it's for His glory and my good, ultimately. So, I'm working on my attitude and working on letting go and trusting. (Much easier said than done, right?)

I may not be able to walk right just yet, but I'm walking proudly with my swagger (cough, cough, limp), and letting the Lord guide my steps along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment