Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 38

Let me make something clear: this is NOT a food blog. Nor am I, in any way, a cook. I do, however, enjoy expanding my culinary comfort zone and creating new goods to munch (within reason--nothing too crazy for this girl). Lately, I have been feeling increasingly brave. My tastebuds have therefore experienced the results of said bravery, and been much obliged. With such great flavors and easy methods, I am obligated to share, so that even the least Betty Crocker can too feel empowered to expand her (or his, I suppose) food repetoire.


This morning, I ate oatmeal. It was delish.

Ingredients: 1/2 dried whole grain oats, 1/2 TBS honey, 1/4 cup vanilla Activia (or other flavor/brand), 2 sliced strawberries.

Earlier this week, I made salmon (a favorite for sure), but this time in a honey-mustard glaze. Honestly, best salmon of my life thus far. And I don't joke about salmon. For the side: edamame. So easy to prepare and fun to eat!


For the salmon recipe, check out the blog Pretty/Hungry, created by my high school friend, Carissa.

(I know my pic is not nearly as pretty as hers; don't judge.)


I cooked to salmon steaks and took one to lunch the next day. It was yum-o on top of a bed on fresh spinach, dried cherries, and almond slivers.

Don't you like my elegant serving ware? Haha.



Any other good salmon recipes or oatmeal combinations to share? I'm always open to new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment