Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 5: Weekend D.I.Y.


The beautiful before...Ha!
(Note: the sticker on the bottom of this chair dates it back to 1948,
which explains the style!)

Just a little paint makes such a big difference!


Supplies for covering the original cushion

After: The finished product!

The best part about this project: I purchased NOTHING.
I don't remember where I got the chair (yard sale, thrift store, or inherited), but I've had it for several years. The fabric was leftover from throw pillows I made 2 years ago. The paint was also leftover from a project a year ago.

I just love DIY upgrades.
Is there anything more empowering than setting your mind to something, following through, and then having a tangible finished product?

I'm pleased. :)

How'd you spend your Saturday? Any other DIY diehards out there?

2 comments: