Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits.

Today was my first "Wear A Dress Tuesday." What's "Wear A Dress Today?" you ask. Check out the story here. I'd just like to say that I put much thought into my outfit this morning. Temperature and agenda both played a role in my contemplation, but neither could prohibit me from my determination: I would wear a dress today.

And I did. A purple sweater dress, in fact. Complete with gray lace-patterned leggings and tall black boots. A perfectly cozy outfit with a perfectly feminine feel.

Ideally, this is the point in the post that I would insert a cute photo of said dress. However, thanks to a little--ahem--mishap involving melted snow, tile floor, and tractionless boots, my tights are a little less than ideal. Yes, that's right: I bit it. Hardcore. Thankfully no one was around and I sustained no major injuries, except to my pride. (And, for the record, my backside, shoulder and ankle are particularly sore..but not enough for me to mention in a blog post. ;) )

I have to admit, had I been wearing slacks rather than a skirt, I don't think I would have bounced back as well as I did. Something about the extra flit and flare of dress puts a little extra kick in my step. And sometimes just enough kick to knock my feet out from under me, apparently.

All in all, today was a great Tuesday. Filled with meetings and planning and expectation of great things to come, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day for this Type-A.

And on that note, I think I will wrap it up, before anything else can change my conclusion. Have a most wonderful evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment