Saturday, January 15, 2011

savoring saturday

As much as I thoroughly enjoy socializing and galavanting around, I so cherish Saturdays. Especially quiet Saturday mornings, which is exactly what today was. A luxury only select Saturdays can afford, I slept until I woke up (which was about 9am, if you were curious), then started my day with a little John Mark McMillan and some baking. On the menu: strawberry cake cookies, a personal fave for sure. Hopefully my small group girls enjoy them as much as I do. :)


The picture hardly does it justice, but this batter gets so fluffy I half expected it to float away!


The finished product. Yum-o.
Just a little sprinkle of powdered sugar on top and they're more than ready to enjoy.

Days like to today are so easy to fill up with unnecessary to-do lists and beckoning projects. Today, I made my list with extra care and checked off only the most essential bullets. I must say, I could savor a few more Saturdays tacked on to the end of this one. Admittedly, this weekend started off as quite a Debbie Downer. All of my pre-made plans fell through the cracks, but honestly, I think that's exactly what I needed, despite my initial disappointment. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to rest and breathe without the slightest weight of expectation or need from anyone. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to just be.

That said, I think I shall take full advantage of the next hour or so of my Saturday and savor it through being just a little more.

I hope you've been able to savor your Saturday. If not, why not start now? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment