Friday, October 28, 2011

When I don't understand...

...my first tendency is to question, then complain, then get overwhelmed, then throw a fit.  Super mature, right?  Granted, most of it is inward and between only the Lord, my journal, and me.  But still..

I could spend the better part of a day (or more, probably) listing off the things I don't understand. "Why?" tends to surface a lot in my heart and mind. This morning, "Why?" was especially active and my heart was so heavy. As my thoughts tumbled around, and my spirit brewed with frustration, this song came on my iPod, and immediately tears stung my eyes with conviction. There are plenty of things I don't understand and plenty of reasons to complain about how I don't understand what I don't understand. But God doesn't call me to complain. He calls me to trust, to seek, to worship Him--even in the midst of heaviness and frustration.

"When I don't understand, I will choose you."
Let this song be the cry of my heart for all of my days.  And yours too...have a listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment