Saturday, August 20, 2011

You know those times...

...when you are busting at the seams with so much to talk about but at the same time have absolutely nothing to say all at once? That is so me these days. So much is going on in my brain and in my heart, but rarely do I stumble across the proper words for processing and releasing said thoughts. However, I also know that since writing is an outlet for me, sometimes I just have to begin the process and see what happens. Well, it's high time I started writing. Let's see what happens, shall we?

The last several weeks (maybe months, maybe most of my life, really), the Lord has been speaking to me a lot about waiting. And when I say speaking to me a lot, mostly I just mean He keeps saying, "Wait." Yep. Over and over. Do you ever hear that from Him?

Wait on that relationship. Wait for that promotion. Wait on the timing for that major purchase. Wait for wisdom. Wait for discernment. Wait for a friend. Wait until I say move. Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Which somehow all translates into weight for me. Can I get an "Amen?!"

Why is it that the more ambiguous the Lord's will for my life seems, the heavier I feel? I tend to take on the wait of the world when I don't have a clear answer. And why is it that "Wait" classifies as an ambiguous answer? It's actually not ambiguous at all. It's quite clear, really. The only thing that's not completely crystal is what do to in the waiting process. Which is almost exactly where the weight transpires for me. What does waiting look like?

The last few days I've done something bold: I've gotten honest--almost completely...we're still working on that--with the Lord. I've talked a lot, told Him how I felt about the whole waiting process and how confusing it is to me. And He's responded. Not with a 5-step plan or strategy to clarify my actions in this season, but with Words, with comfort and faithfulness. Here are a few of those words:

"I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!" Psalm 27:13-14

And also Psalm 28:6-9, Psalm 29:10-11, Psalm 30:11-12, Psalm 31:24, Psalm 34:18-19, Psalm 37:7-9, Psalm 40, Psalm 42:11, Psalm 51:10-13, Psalm 55:22, Psalm 56:4&11, Psalm 91, Psalm 102.

Yes, that's a lot. And, no, I don't have them memorized. But I intend to do just that. I so want to make the most of this whole waiting season, however long it lasts, and what better way than soaking in the words He speaks?

So I know this is a bit of a ramble post. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that may be the case for quite some time as I figure out a little bit more each day as this journey continues. Feel free to stay tuned, if you're up for the rambling road.

I hope you're being blessed, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment