Sunday, August 21, 2011

some fresh ramblings

This morning was the 27th Annual Bilyeu Family Concert at Ridgecrest. Southern Gospel may not be my favorite genre of music, but I honestly eagerly anticipate this event each year. God always speaks, and this morning was no disappointment. This year's theme of "Peace" couldn't have been more fitting for so many, I know, and myself included. Wouldn't you know that woven throughout the theme of peace were threads of patience and waiting? Funny how the Lord orchestrates things.

After church this morning, I did some housework, made some pancakes, then turned off my phone and just relaxed for a few hours (a rare Sunday, for sure). Throughout the day I had plenty of time to process the threads of peace and waiting, and just exactly how they fit into my life. Mind you, I don't have it anywhere close to figured out. But I do have a few fresh thoughts to share. Here goes:

First, waiting is not the absence of hope, but in fact, the very evidence of such. Waiting requires trust, trust being something that I may severely lack currently, but by the end of this process I surely will not. Secondly, waiting doesn't require inaction. It's not designed to be a stagnant time. In fact, waiting can be a very active process. Tonight as I drove to my parents' house I heard the song "While I'm Waiting," by John Waller. (Back to the Lord's sense of humor...) Anyway, I love that he says, "I will serve You while I'm waiting, I will worship while I'm waiting." Serving and worshipping require intentionality, action, surrender, and trust. All of this is so tightly woven together. Third, despite the storms that rage during the waiting process, the Lord offers peace freely, should I choose to accept it. It's my choice whether or not I allow the wind and waves to rock my world, or if I set my feet on The Rock and let Him speak peace into my life.

What a day for truth, for a fresh breath of air. I needed it so badly.

So now, to you, what are you doing during your waiting process? How are you in the midst of your storms? I hope you're finding peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment