Tuesday, March 11, 2008

confession numero uno.

I ate five Dove Rich Dark Chocolate Promises today. Make that six. I bought them to share with the girls in my DNow group this weekend. Oops.

But that's not the real confession. The true confession is that I spent the last two hours trying to come up with a name for this blog. Pathetic? Completely. Especially considering I probably won't stick with the one I chose. Aye-yai-yai. What's one more thing in my life to waver on?

Up to seven now...
Going straight to my hips, I know.
[Insert appropriate eye-roll here.]

Speaking of wavering...
Another real confession: I'm seriously considering switching my major. Yes, I'm serious. I know. I'm 3 and 1/2 years into it and I'm hitting the brakes. Untimely? Not really. I've been approaching a crossroads for quite some time now. And I think within the past two months, I've finally arrived. Really, I couldn't have coasted in at a better time. Not that I think that I'm in control of the timeline; I know I'm not. And I'm glad I'm not. I could not have worked out the timing better. Although I'm feeling rather strongly about the direction in which I'm being pulled, I don't know that I'm quite ready to verbalize/write it yet. I want to be certain. That comes with more time and more prayer. I already know one thing though, whatever the final verdict, I will go boldly. My God is not a God of confusion or fear. Fear and faith cannot occupy the same. So I am brave. I sparkle confidently.

And I will follow the advice of my last Dove Promise:
"Be fearless."

Final count: Eight.

No comments:

Post a Comment