Wednesday, January 4, 2012

holiday recap

This holiday season was probably one of my favorite in recent history.  Our family established some new traditions and shared way too many laughs together along the way.  (Is that actually possible, to laugh too much?  Hmm..)  We stayed in town for Christmas Eve and Christmas day, hitting up our Christmas Eve service at church, followed by the Stone family extended family gathering out in Sparta. Christmas day was full of cooking breakfast together, opening gifts, and then heading over to our Aunt and Uncle's house for a glorious Christmas feast and lots of family game time.  Also, the weather was INCREDIBLE!  I can't remember a Christmas that we've enjoyed dinner outside on the deck.  Crazy, but so beautiful!

Two days after Christmas we headed to Nebraska to spend time with my mom's family.  Seriously, this was probably one of my favorite trips to the Neb.  My sis and I roadtripped separately from our parents, which allowed us a lot of freedom in visiting with cousins, Grandma, etc.  SO MUCH FUN.  Then after returning from the Neb, the kitchen remodel fell into full force.  Whoa.  Lots going on for sure.

Needless to say, it was a busy holiday break, but I honestly enjoyed it thoroughly, which I can't always say.  Normally breaking out of my routine isn't always at the top of my list.  Type A much?  :)  This time, however, it was pretty refreshing.

Some photos from the holidays...
Christmas Eve


Mom & Pops on Christmas

FAVE Christmas gift:  Keen boots.


No comments:

Post a Comment