Monday, September 19, 2011

monday sick day

My plan to avoid Mondays: Monday sick days. Ha...totally kidding. I honestly hate sick days. They're right up there next to gagging noises and bad sushi. Ick. I just feel like a lump of human, consuming space, and profiting next to nothing. Needless to say, I'm not a good patient. So, to counteract the ten hours that I spent sleeping, with brief interruptions to take more sinus meds, refill the water bottle, shower, and put the neti pot to good use, I dragged myself out of bed to hit the treadmill for a bit this evening. Hopefully I sweated out the toxins and wore myself out enough to actually fall asleep tonight.

In between sleeping sessions today (I literally did sleep most of the day--that part was wonderful and apparently much needed), I hit the web to do some shoe shopping, which has become a less than enjoyable experience over the last few months. I'm finding myself struggling to rewrite my definition of cute and go for the healthy shoes. It's especially difficult considering the price of not-as-cute comfy shoes. So, I'm going out on a limb here and asking your opinion. I need a couple pairs of stylish and healthy dress shoes/boots that I can wear on Sundays, mostly. Sundays are the days I'm on my feet the most, but, honestly, that's when I care the most what I'm wearing too. I know in the scheme of things, it doesn't matter; but let's be honest, I'm a girl and fashion is important to me. And I know I'm not alone in that. ;)

Ok, here are a couple of options I've been considering. Seriously, your feedback is requested and appreciated. But, please, be gentle, and remember, I've got old lady feet that I have to consider, so if there is an opportunity cost, it's going to have to be the fashion over the fit.






Ok, so hit me with your thoughts! And of course other recommendations are welcome too.
Stay healthy--from your head to your toes! :)

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing! Glad you got caught up on some rest! I like the boots and the last pair! Have you tried Naot shoes? they are made and exported in Israel..very good comfort with some style..a bit pricy but the shoe bed replicates your foot contour. they carry at Plaza (I sound like I advertise for Plaza :) ))

    ReplyDelete