Thursday, February 10, 2011

a little taste of lately

To say it's been crazy would be a bit of an understatement. I don't even know how or where the time goes, but it certainly moves way too quickly. And somehow I can't manage to finish my to-do list before time is up... Note to self: reconsider the items that make the list. Hmm.

Anyway, it's been a few weeks since I last blogged, and I must say, I've missed it. When things get busy (or more accurately, "busier"), my creative outlets tend to be the first thing to go. Not good for stress management, let me tell you. Thanks to a week spent on my back with a nasty virus, I've learned recently that I must do a better job of taking care of myself. I can't afford (financially or hourly) to be laid up for so long. Although, admittedly the few days snuggled up in bed proved to be a cozy escape from daily stresses. And thanks to what I oh-so-affectionately call "Snowpalooza 2011," my sick days aligned perfectly with work snow days.


My snowy, lonely dumpster...

A peaceful drive to work.


As I've realized my need for a release lately, I've opted to pursue a new creative outlet: cooking. So far it's proved to be pretty fruitful. No pun intended. ;) I've gotten a little more creative than usual and tried a few things outside of my comfort zone. The more I've tried, the greater my confidence has become. I'm sure hoping this is a permanent change (both the cooking and the increased confidence).

Hearty tomato & dumpling soup. Delish, to say the least.

Turkey, cheddar, & hummus panini with sweet potato fries

Pumpkin pancakes...a current fave for sure!

Yes, you may call me Jessica Ray. Hee hee. Also high on my list of stress relievers: working out. I'm SO thankful I finally got my treadmill fixed! I've really missed running lately with all this winter weather. This last week, I began a new workout regimen to prepare for summer missions. Consider my booty kicked...but not for long. I'm so up for the challenge.

Well, it's officially my weekend, and-no surprise-my to-do list has already grown even as I've typed this post. Erg. Time to roll up my sleeves and take care of business...and as creatively as possible!

1 comment: