Saturday, February 7, 2009

a new day.

today is a monumental day. what a journey this last year has been. how thankful i am for the freedom that is found only through Christ.


Liberation

With traces of yesterdays not soon forgotten
outlined along her arm,
she raises her eyes to the sky.
The clouds floating above reveal truth
as they spread and comforting light breaks through.
In the light, her scars barely exist;
yet their subtlety screams loudly for all to hear.

“I am healed.
I am free,”
echoes her cry, as she dances in golden fields.

Alone somewhere in her nearby past sits a tattered backpack,
spilling out its now useless contents of Band-Aids and blindfolds.


“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32

1 comment:

  1. you have a very special place in my heart.
    thanks for being honestly broken in front of me... making it okay for me to be the same.

    ReplyDelete